What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Orange Poppy Seed Muffins and Apple Juice
- Dinner- Pot luck at Grandmas House
- Breakfast- Ham and Cheese Omelet
- Lunch- Peanut Butter and Jelly, and apple slices
- Dinner- Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sliders, Baked Beans and Corn
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal and orange slices
- Lunch- Ham and turkey sandwich, Carrot sticks
- Dinner-Baked Chicken Strips, Rolls and Green Salad
- Breakfast- Ham and Cheese breakfast burritos
- Lunch- Hot Dogs and Jello Salad
- Dinner- Cheesy Baked Spaghetti and Green salad
- Breakfast-Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Lunch-Left over Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
- Dinner- Fajitas in the crock pot
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Left over Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
- Friday- Pasta with Homemade Alfredo sauce,, Steamed Broccoli and Grilled Bread
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Dinner- Hawaiian Haystacks