Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars ~ Gluten Free Recipe by Tiffany
I hope y’all had a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year! Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, whew! Now that’s a mouth full. These bars are packed full of oats, crispy rice cereal, peanut butter, coconut, chocolate and a hint of cinnamon, just to name a few. Held together with a chewy marshmallow goodness that’s down right yummy. Plus they’re gluten free! I wasn’t going for that, but just so happens all the ingredients I used were gf. 🙂 Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 4 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten free Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Nestle’ semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- 1 cup Baker’s coconut – Angel flake sweetened
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted no salt
- 1 package (10.5oz.) Kraft marshmallows
- 2/3 cup 100% natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Karo corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. confection setting.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, semi sweet chips, coconut and sunflower seeds; set aside.
- In a large pot, melt marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and cinnamon over medium heat; stirring continually until melted and combined.
- Pour oat mixture into melted marshmallow mixture; stir to combine.
- Spread into a greased 3 qt. baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until set. (Not more than 15 minutes.) Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Once cooled, cut into bars.
Original Recipe By: Taste Of Home 2005 page 25 for Chewy Granola Bars
Adapted Recipe By: Tiffany