Dinosaur Crayons DIY Jurassic World Party Ideas
Are your kids in love with dinosaurs? If you are looking for dinosaur themed party ideas that won’t break the bank this is fun idea. Save those broken crayons and make something new out of them. Or stock up on new crayons when they go on sale.
Green and blue crayons in various shades
Muffin or donut tin
Non stick cooking spray
The amount of crayons you need will depend on the number of crayons you are creating. For the donut shaped crayons you see here, we used about 2 standard sized crayons per donut.
1. Begin by breaking each crayon in half. This will make peeling the paper off easier.
2. Remove the paper wrapping from the crayons. Make sure they are completely cleaned off and free from all wrapping and wrapping residue.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray the inside of your donut or muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
4. While the oven preheats, begin breaking your crayons up into smaller segments. You should be able to get about 4-5 segments per crayon stick.
5. Drop the segments into the donut or muffin tin. You want to create one layer with the crayon bits. For thicker crayons, add an additional layer.
6. Heat in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until liquefied. Carefully remove and allow to cool.
7. Place the pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help loosen them from the tin. Gently turn the tin over to release the crayons.
Wipe away any non stick oil residue with a damp cloth. Your crayons are now ready to be enjoyed!
You might also like these deals and ideas:
Walking With Dinosaurs 90% off
Looking for More Online Deals? Click here for more THRIFTY DEALS. Please note that Amazon priced tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.