Fall Craft ~ Soup Can Upcycle #Fall #DIY #Crafts #Hacks
FALL CRAFT ~ Frugal Fall Utensil Holder
Add a little fall flare to your cooking space when you give this frugal fall utensil holder a try. Using just a few basic crafting supplies, you can create the perfect space for your spoons and other kitchen utensils to rest. Or use it as a gift filled with goodies. It is so simple, so take a look below at how to get started!
Here is what you will need:
- Glass mason jar or empty tin can
- White craft paint
- Assorted silk leaves
- Twine or ribbon
- Craft glue
1. Begin by applying a coat or two of white craft paint to the jar or can. Apply as many coats as you wish for the coverage you desire. Remember, the holder will be mostly covered with the leaves, so you don’t need the paint to be perfect.
2. Snip the leaves free from any branches or stems they are on. You will only need the leaf itself for this craft. Apply some glue generously to the back of the leaf, and press it to the can or jar. Hold it in place until it is secure.
3. Continue layering on leaves until the jar is coated all the way around. As you can see we left a little space at the top of the jar.
4. Finish the utensil holder by wrapping a length of twine or ribbon around the jar and tie it into a bow.
Once your glue is dry, your frugal fall utensil holder is ready to be used. Simple slide in any spoons, utensils, even office supplies if you wish. It is the perfect tool for staying organized while being festive at the same time.
Gather your supplies and give this frugal fall utensil holder a try!