Thanks to A Few Short Cuts for passing along this recipe for Homemade Italian Dressing Mix, you can make this cheaper than the dressing packets and great if your family has food allergies!
If you would like to be a featured guest post on Look What I Made,watch for our weekly post each Tuesday called A Thrifty online craft fair, link up and you may be selected for our weekly feature post.
Homemade Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano, ground or leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt or substitute
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground basil or leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme or leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.
ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING:
Mix 2 tbs of this mix with 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tbs water, and 1/2 to 2/3 cup olive oil or canola oil.
Shake before using.