Loaded Chicken Nachos
Have you totally been guilty, like I have, for buying loaded nachos with all the fancy smancy flavorful shredded meats, melted cheeses, etc. at your favorite restaurant? I’m going to save you some money, are you ready?! Best of all, you get your crock on! Whip that baby out from under the counter, I’ve got a tasty shredded chicken recipe for you! This shredded chicken recipe is very versatile and can be used for nachos, tacos, enchiladas or empanadas.
Sometimes I just need my ooey gooey cheesey chicken nacho fix. Especially on those hectic nights when I don’t feel like cooking up a big ol’ meal. Super duper easy and very very tasty! Plus, it’s a kid pleasing meal! Enjoy.
You can totally replace the diced tomatoes and green chilies for 1 can (15oz.) of Rotel tomatoes instead. 🙂
This makes approx. 6 cups of shredded chicken breast. Use or freeze the remainder for later use.
This can be made kid friendly by just leaving out the toppings your child does not prefer.
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chili’s
- 1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- sprinkle of chipotle chile pepper
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese -Mexican, cheddar or pepper jack
- 1 can (15oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- diced onion
- diced tomatoes
- sliced olives
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sliced jalapeno peppers
- sour cream
- In your crock pot or slow cooker, combine diced tomatoes, green chili’s, chili powder, dried onion, ground cumin; stir. Place chicken breasts in crock pot and scoop some of the tomato mixture on top of breasts. Sprinkle the tops with chipotle chili pepper. Turn crock pot on high, cook for approx. 3-4 hours or until breasts are easily shredded with a fork.
- Shred chicken breasts in crock with tomato mixture. Stir and set aside. Keep on warm until ready to use.
- On a large baking sheet, layer tortilla chips. Top with shredded chicken, cheeses, black beans and all your desired fixings, except for sour cream & salsa; repeat for second layer. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven until cheese has melted. Approx. 8-10 minutes. Top nachos with sour cream,salsa and fresh chopped cilantro if desired.