What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Crepes with Cream Fruit filling and fresh peaches
- Dinner-Italian Chicken in the Crock pot, with rice and fresh steamed broccoli
- Breakfast- Scrambles eggs and carnation instant breakfast
- Lunch- Apples, celery sticks & peanut butter with Cheese cubes
- Dinner- Roasted Tomato and Zucchini sauce over Fettucini and garlic bread
- Breakfast- Egg and Cheese breakfast wrap
- Lunch- Grapes, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Dinner- BBQ Pork Sandwich, Baked beans, Pineapple and freezer corn
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal
- Lunch-BBQ Pork Sandwich, apples and grapes
- Dinner- Picked up a take and bake pizza from Papa Murphy’s and Green Salad
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and banana
- Lunch- Left over Pizza, and salad
- Dinner- Ham and Cheese Panini, and grapes
- Breakfast- Yogurt and Granola
- Lunch- baloney and cheese sandwich, apples and pears
- Friday- Fish Sticks, Corn, and Green Salad
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Waffles and pears
- Dinner- Pizza with Grandparents