What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals. It’s how I live on less.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pecan Monkey Bread, Strawberries and Orange Juice
- Dinner- Penne Rustica, steamed broccoli and Rhodes warm and serve rolls
- Breakfast- Ham and cheese omelets
- Lunch- Peanut butter and jelly, apple slices, and sugar snap peas
- Dinner- Baked White Castle Copy Cat Burgers and Tater Tots
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Lunch- Spaghettios, apple slices and grilled cheese
- Dinner- Oven Baked Lemon Chicken, Butternut Squash and Six Thumbs Up Salad
- Breakfast- Granola with Yogurt
- Lunch ~ Left over Oven Baked Lemon Chicken, Apples
- Dinner- Crock Pot Beef Roast, Red Skin Mashed Potatoes and Garden Fresh Tomatoes
- Breakfast- Hot Oatmeal with Candy Corn Marshmallows in our Hot Chocolate
- Lunch- Open face roast beef sandwhich and gravy, apples and sugar snap peas
- Dinner- Cold Cereal…. yip I had an aweful headache, so cold cereal was the star of the show 🙂
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Ham and veggie sandwich, Apples and carrot sticks
- Friday- Homemade chicken nuggets (with Kraft Fresh Take), Steamed Broccoli, and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots,
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas
- Dinner- Spaghetti and sausage (with Spaghetti squash mixed in) Steamed Broccoli and Garden Tomatoes