What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Orange cranberry whole wheat pancakes
- Dinner-Ham rolls, rice, green beans and corn
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Yogurt, Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Dinner- Beef Tacos and Rice
- Breakfast- Yogurt and bananas
- Lunch- Left over Tacos
- Dinner- Ham and Potato casserole, Green Beans and Jello
- Breakfast- Hot oatmeal and cranberry’s
- Lunch- Left over Ham and potato casserole
- Dinner- Chicken Pot pie re-mix (Chicken in vegetables with gravy with a Cheddar biscuit on top)
- Breakfast-Banana Cream Cheese Muffins,
- Lunch- Tuna Sandwich chips and an apple
- Dinner- Meat Loaf Patties, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, Cole Slaw
- Breakfast/ lunch Ham and Cheese Sliders and oranges
- Friday- Date night out with Matt (we ate at Outback Steakhouse)
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Blue Berry Waffles, Yogurt
- Dinner- Took the kids out to Mongolian BBQ noodles..yummy!