When a child gives you a flower, weather it be picked from the yard, drawn on a sheet of paper or made from paper you say thank you.. and treasure it. With Mothers Day right around the corner I thought I would share this simple DIY craft for making a paper rose. Perfect for Mothers Day, parties or just a fun summer craft for kids.
To make these you will need:
- Chop stick or Straw
- Green tissue paper
- Red tissue paper
To Create a Paper Rose:
1. Wrap a chopstick with green tissue paper, securing with tape. (You can also use a green bendy straw.)
2. Cut a section of red tissue paper about 3 inches wide and 20 inches long.
3. Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
4. Begin by folding a corner of the folded paper diagonally and start wrapping the rest of the paper around the folded center.
5. Continue spiraling the tissue paper around the center fold.
6. Twist the bottom into a round base and pull and push the inner folds to create volume and shape the petals.
7. Secure with glue or tape and attach it to your green stem you made in step one.
If you like this idea you might also like these Mothers Day gift and DIY ideas:
Personalized flower pail ~ Mother’s day gift
You might also want to check out this list of 15 Ideas for Mothers Day