Strawberry Apple Pecan Spinach Salad by Tiffany
Locals and those of you in Utah, have you ever eaten at Goodwood BBQ?! The hubs and I have a handful of times. We love it! Even though my hubs is a vegetarian, he finds great salads to eat there, like this recreation of one of my very favorite salads… Strawberry Apple Pecan Spinach Salad. Full of baby spinach, honey crisp apples, strawberries, candied walnuts, topped with blue cheese and a wonderfully sweet raspberry vinaigrette.
The strawberries added to this lovely salad, put me in the mood for valentines day, (It doesn’t take much.) Is it just me or don’t strawberries scream Valentines?! This would make a beautiful, festive little Valentine’s Day salad, don’t ya think?! Next time I make this salad, I’m going to try and make a chocolate raspberry dressing – then it might just be classified as a dessert salad. Cause you know, chocolate and strawberries are related aaaand dessert can be dinner too!
- baby spinach, desired amount
- honey crisp apples, core removed, sliced, desired amount
- strawberries, sliced, desired amount
- candied walnuts, desired amount
- blue cheese crumbles, desired amount
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing (I used Annie’s Naturals)
- In a large bowl, gently toss desired amount of spinach, apples, strawberries, candied walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad, gently toss again. Serve.
Notes: Goodwood’s recipe uses candied pecans.