What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Mini Pancakes from De Wafelbakkers and orange juice
- Dinner- Oven Baked Chicken, 12 Hour Salad, and Fresh Baked Rolls
- Breakfast- Mini Pancakes from De Wafelbakkers and strawberry smoothies
- Lunch- Grilled Ham and Cheese, Apples and Carrot sticks
- Dinner-French Dip sandwiches, Jello salad and corn… and Homemade sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries.
- Breakfast- Egg and Cheese breakfast melt, Orange juice
- Lunch- left over French Dip sandwiches, and apples
- Dinner- Chicken wrap with almonds and grape, Jello salad and Broccoli and Grape salad
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch-Chicken sandwich with almonds and grape
- Dinner- Porcupine Meatballs and Broccoli and Grape salad
- Breakfast- Pancakes from De Wafelbakkers and orange juice
- Lunch- left over Porcupine Meatballs
- Dinner- Lemon Chicken, green beans garlic bread
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal and bananas
- Lunch- Had lunch with my cousins, I brought 7 layer Taco Dip to share
- Friday- Took the kids to eat at Panda Express (yummy)
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Make ahead breakfast enchiladas
- Dinner- Olive Garden Copycat recipe for Toscana Soup and Fresh Baked Rolls