Not long ago we worked with EGGO Waffles and we came up with so yummy waffle ideas. This BLTA sandwich is so good. It’s a great way to use up some waffles leftover from breakfast. Don’t forget to check out some of the other recipes we came up with too..
Day 1 ~ Eggo Breakfast Kebabs
Day 4 ~ Chicken Pot Pie Waffle Boats
BLTA Waffle Sandwich
Sliced turkey breast, maple smoked bacon, avocado slices, red leaf lettuce and tomato pressed between two Eggo waffles. Oh boy, was this delicious. Yummy and messy, now that’s my kind of sandwich! Pass the napkins please. I love when you bite into a sandwich and get a wide variety of flavors happening all at once. This hit the spot!
- 2 Eggo waffles – home style
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- red leaf lettuce
- tomato slices
- 3 slices bacon, crisp
- In a medium skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Place bacon on paper towels to help soak up the remainder grease. Set bacon aside.
- Set oven to broil. Meanwhile, toast waffles per packaged directions.
- Lay cheese slice on top of one of the toasted Eggo waffles. Place on a small sheet of foil. Stick under the broiler until cheese melts.
- Top melted cheese waffle with lettuce, tomato, bacon slices, sliced turkey and avocado slices. Spread mayo on the inside of the top part of waffle; top sandwich. Cut in half. Serve.
Disclaimer Eggo supplied the tools needed to create the recipes shown above and a stipend.