How to Drink More Water
Thristy? You’re probably already dehydrated. For me (Katie) it’s so easy to forget about drinking water and end up dehydrated. When I get dehydrated I usually am tired, get headaches more easily, and my skin feels dry. So here are my tips on How to Drink More Water for a happier healthier you.
- Get yourself a water bottle. I like the water bottles with straws, like these, simply because I drink more when I’m using a straw. But if you prefer a wide mouth get one of those. I like both plastic and stainless steel. Whichever you prefer get one you like and that’s leak-proof!
- Add flavor! There’s flavored water drops, or you can add fresh fruit. I like a lime slice or some cucumbers for subtle flavor.
- Keep it with you. This is why you need a water bottle you like that leak-proof. You can’t get hydrated or drink more water if you don’t have it with you.
- Drink a glass of water every morning when you wake up. I always have a better start when I drink some water in the morning. I often tell my kids to have a drink of water too when they wake up to help with a scratchy throat from dry air, head aches, and whatever minor ailment might be keeping them in their beds and not getting ready for school, lol.
- Drink lots of water after a workout. If you’re active and you sweat more. Replace that with more water!
- Have a glass of water when you’re hungry. If I’m hungry and it’s not time for a meal, I drink a glass of water. It helps with boredom eating and keeps me from snacking too much.
- Set a schedule. You can set reminders on your phone. If you’re at work every time you answer the phone take a drink or whatever fits in with your job.
- Set a goal. We each have different bodies and how much water I need is different from a nursing mother or a man or a kid. So if you’re trying to figure out how much water you need talk your doctor. I go by the color of my urine. If my urine is light straw colored to almost clear I know I’m doing good with drinking water.
- Order water when you go out to eat. It’s fun to get a soda or drink when you’re out to dinner. So if you want to get a non-water drink go ahead, but order a water too. And drink all of the water during your dinner.
You might like this too…