If you are looking for a FUN but healthy treat idea for Halloween, then you have got to check out this spooky treat. Orange Mummies are so cute and are fun enough to make any kid smile. Perfect for school parties, or kids lunches on Halloween.
All you need to make your very own Orange Mummies:
Tape the end of the crepe paper to the orange, start wrapping it around the orange to make it look like a mummy. Make sure you leave part of the orange open so you can glue on the eyes.
Use the black gel frosting to glue on the candy eyes. Just like that you have an adorable orange mummy, sure to be the hit of any Halloween party. Best part is you can make these treats in advance, no need to stress out the day of the party. You could use small Cutie oranges to pass out to your trick or treaters.
More Halloween and Fall ideas:
Garlic Banana Peppers ~ How to can, step by step guide
Banana pepper plants have a tremendous yield and are very easy to can. Can a batch of these garlic banana peppers to eat with your sandwiches and salads all year long.
Yield: 9 pints
- 7-9 lbs peppers
- 5 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS sugar
- 18 cloves garlic, peeled
- 9 pint jars, lids, and rings
Fill a water bath canner halfway full of water and bring to a simmer. Wash your jars in warm, soapy water and inspect for any damage. Place clean jars in the water bath canner and hold at a simmer until ready to use. Wash peppers and slice peppers into ¼” slices.
In another large pot, combine vinegar, water, canning salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
Remove jars from water bath canner, draining well. Pack each jar with peppers and two cloves of garlic. Pour the vinegar mixture into each jar, leaving ½” headspace. Slide a rubber or plastic spatula around the edges to remove air bubbles. Add more liquid if necessary.
Affix lids and rings to the top of each jar and submerge in water bath canner. Bring the canner to a full boil and process jars for 10 minutes.
You might also enjoy these tips:How to Can Tomatoes ~ Quick step by step guide
How to cut a whole watermelon into cubes in just a few minutes
HOW TO FREEZE STRAWBERRIES ~ 5 EASY STEPS.
Want to feed your gang, but don’t want to spend a lot of $$$$ doing so?! Well then, you’ve come to the right place! Today’s recipe is featuring ground beef. Ground beef, my go to meat when the budget is a little tight. :) This recipe is packed with, as I would call, “healthy fillers” including beans, corn and tomatoes to make the ground beef stretch farther. I have my little tricks, as I’m sure you do too, when it comes to feeding your family and making your dollar stretch farther for your gang. If you have a “stretch your ground beef farther method”, please share it with the rest of us. We’d love to hear it!
- 1 3.4 lbs. ground beef
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen super sweet white corn
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons McCormick taco seasoning
- approx. 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- approx. 1/2 vintage white cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet combine ground beef, celery and onions. Brown over medium high heat; drain fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; stir.
- Scoop mixture into a large 3 quart baking dish. Top with cheeses. Set aside.
- Let’s make the crust – In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, taco seasoning, baking powder, melted butter and half and half; whisk until smooth. Pour crust mixture evenly over meat mixture. Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 35-40 minutes Or until crust is lightly brown. Serve.