Chocolate Chip Pecan Heath Bar Cookies by Tiffany
Looking for a cookie full of goodness?! This cookie is has it with milk chocolate chips – roasted pecans and Heath toffee bits. Get your milk glasses ready – you’ll definitely want to take these babies for a dunk! I found this recipe on one of the Food Network shows years ago – slightly adapted it – and have been making them ever since.
Yield approx. 3 doz.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (finely ground in your food processor)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heath english toffee bits
- 1 bag 11.5 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. confection setting.
- In your standing mixer, beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. (10 minutes) Next beat in eggs. Meanwhile, roast pecans in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes; remove and let cool. Chop nuts, set aside. In your food processor, process oatmeal until finely ground. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Next stir in roasted pecans, toffee bits and milk chocolate chips. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let set on baking sheet for about 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted recipe/photos by: Tiffany
Original Recipe by: Food Network