I am excited to let you know that this week we will be working with Eggo. We have been selected as a Chief Waffle Officer and get to share 7 amazing recipes with you, all featuring Eggo’s. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack! I hope these recipes give you some creative ideas, because you can make your own and enter them in the Great Eggo Waffle Off for a chance to win $5000!
Day 1 ~ Eggo Breakfast Kebabs
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Waffle Bars by Tiffany
I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun I’ve had concocting recipes with Eggo waffles this week.
When I was loading up on Eggo waffles, to start developing recipes, I came across Eggo Wafflers, Strawberry Strudel flavor – I knew right away what I was going to do. The image of these bars just popped in my head. I literally saw them in my mind and knew I just HAD to make them.
Gone are the days when waffles were served only for breakfast. Here’s a spectacular dessert that will be sure to turn heads and bring smiles. Plus, from start to finish they only took 30 minutes to make. Between a layer of strawberry strudel wafflers you will find a no bake cream cheese filling with fresh sliced strawberries, dunked in chocolate and then rolled in nuts. Mmmm!
Yields 8 bars
- 1 box (10.7) Eggo Wafflers Strawberry Strudel
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh whipped cream – Recipe below
- Approx. 8 strawberries from a one pound package, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts – walnuts, pecans or chopped/sliced/slivered almonds
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Toast wafflers per package directions. Remove from toaster and set wafflers on a cooling rack. Set aside. Do not let them cool on a plate, because condensation may occur on the bottom of wafflers.
- Let’s make the fresh whipped cream. In a standing mixer combine whipping cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, beat until stiff. Spoon out whipped cream into a separate bowl, set aside. No need to wash out mixing bowl.
- Now let’s make the cheesecake filling. In your standing mixer combine cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped cream; beat until smooth. Place bowl in the fridgerator until ready to use.
- In a double boiler, melt milk chocolate. Once chocolate is melted turn off heat.
- Line a medium to large baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper. Set aside.
- Let’s assemble these babies, shall we?! Gently cut or separate wafflers. Spread cheesecake mixture on the inside of each waffler. Now lay a layer of strawberries down the center. Put the second waffler on top to make a sandwich. Dip one end of the bar in melted chocolate and sprinkle with nuts. Lay bars on waxed paper lined baking sheet. Refridgerate bars until chocolate sets or ready to serve.
You will have approx. 3 tablespoons of melted chocolate left over and approx. 1 cup of the cheesecake filling. Since you only use approx. 8 strawberries from a one pound package for this recipe, we just used up the remainder strawberries by dipping our left over berries in the chocolate and cheesecake filling. Mmmm!
Disclaimer Eggo supplied the tools needed to create the recipes show above and a stipend.