What is on a the menu at our house?
I get an email at least once a week asking me what I feed my family. Most of them are just wanting to learn how to cross over from the habit of shopping daily for that days menu plan. While others are convinced we eat nothing but processed food. They see the photos of what I buy that week and can not seem to wrap their brain around the idea of cooking from that weeks promo items and your stockpile.
Some of you “type A” personality’s are much more organized than me, and I am sure there is a rotation chart or something fancy that would make menu planning easier. But I do what works for me, I plan my meals around the fresh promo items that I get that week. As well as what I get in my Bountiful Basket that week. I then use my food storage or stockpile items, as well as freezer items to plan my meals. It’s how I live on less.
Being that I do not write my menu out a week in advance I am sharing last weeks menu with you! Hope it helps you understand that eating from your stockpile can be made a way of life, is both rewarding and thrifty!
- late breakfast/ early lunch- Pecan Monkey Bread, Strawberries and Orange Juice
- Dinner- Penne Rustica, steamed broccoli and Rhodes warm and serve rolls
- Breakfast- Eggs and Whole wheat toast with peanut butter
- Lunch- Frozen Pizza and Green Salad
- Dinner- Chicken Fried Steak with Country Gravy, Red skinned mashed potatoes, Green Salad
- Breakfast- Blue Berry Breakfast Cake
- Lunch- Spaghettios and grilled cheese
- Dinner-French Dip sandwiches, with Pasta and Veggies salad
- Breakfast- Granola with Yogurt
- Lunch ~ Bean Burritos, Apples
- Dinner- Baked Chicken Strips, Jello Salad, Pasta with veggie salad
- Breakfast-Cold Cereal
- Lunch- Left over chicken strips and jello
- Dinner- Chicken in the Crock pot, Tomato Basil Rice and green beans
- Breakfast- Cold Cereal
- Lunch-BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Friday- Roast Beef Potato Rolls, with Brown Gravy and Green Tossed Salad.
- late breakfast/ early lunch-Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas
- Dinner- BBQ at Grandmas House
Comments are closed.