Gourmet Halloween Pretzel Rods by Tiffany
We do these every year for just about every holiday. They are super easy and the kids will have a blast helping decorate these babies. Our family likes to make a bunch of these up, wrap them in treat bags with ties, and hand deliver them to all the kiddies in the neighborhood. Kids & adults both love them! They’re one of those treats that don’t last long.
- 1 bag (12 0z.) pretzel rods
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Wilton Candy Melts, White
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Wilton Candy Melts, Vibrant Green
- Halloween sprinkles, different varieties
- treat bags with ties, 4 in. x 9.5 in. (10 cm x 24 cm), optional
- Wilton Orange Icing Color, optional
- Lay a long piece of waxed paper on a clean, dry, surface.
- Melt candy melts per packaged directions. (If making different colors with the white candy melts, see notes.)
- Dip pretzel rod into melted candy melts.
- Sprinkle with desired sprinkles. TIP: (When sprinkling with sprinkles, sprinkle over a bowl to catch the extra sprinkles. Use the extra sprinkles to make a sprinkled variety pretzel rod.) Lay dipped/sprinkled rods on waxed paper, let set.
- To make extra fancy… use a small ziploc sandwich sized bag and put a couple tablespoons of white melted candy melts inside, cut off a small piece of the corner; drizzle melted candy melts over pretzel rods. Let set.
NOTES: Instead of buying a bunch of different halloween colored candy melts, I bought one bag of white and tinted it with Wilton Orange Icing Color that I had on hand. To help save money, you can make small batches of the white melted candies and tint them with any color you’d desire that you have on hand. To make, simply follow directions on the back of your Wilton Candy Melts package and add desired amount of icing color; stir well.