CUTE DIY Pumpkin ideas that are safe for any age. Lets face it giving a kid a knife and telling them to carve a pumpkin is not the safest idea in the world. My kids had so much fun making their very own Halloween Peeper Pumpkin!
DIY Halloween Peeper Pumpkin ~ Safe way for kids to decorate a pumpkin
This Halloween season, put a spooky spin on the traditional Halloween Pumpkin. This Halloween Peeper Pumpkin can be made it just minutes, and is the perfect way to get into the season of all things spooky! Take a look below at how we crafted our own, using just a few basic crafting supplies. When you craft this peeper pumpkin, you will get the feeling that someone has their eyes on you! Plus this is safe and fun for kids, giving a kid a sharp knife and asking them to cut up a hard pumpkin is not the safest idea in the world :).
Here is what you will need to make your Halloween Peeper Pumpkin:
- Faux or real pumpkin. Any color.
- Assorted googly eyes ($1 bag at Dollar Tree)
- Craft or hot glue, glue gun
Dollar Tree carries black and white googly eyes as well as multi colored googly eyes. Children may enjoy both varieties! If you want a simple look like us, black and white is perfect. If not, snag a bag of the colored eyes.
1. Begin by deciding how you want to arrange your googly eyes. Do you want a pattern, or would you prefer them to be random? For ours, we opted for a bunch of eyes near the center and the rest randomly scattered.
2. Apply some glue to the back of your googly eyes. Press them one at a time to the pumpkin. Hold them in place for several seconds until the eye is secure.
3. Continue the process until all of the eyes are secured to the pumpkin. Be sure as you glue, you alternate sizes of eyes to offer some real variety.
4. Once your eyes are dry, your peeper pumpkin is ready to be displayed.
Kids will love gluing googly eyes all over their pumpkins to create a spooky look. Give this easy and very inexpensive Halloween Peeper Pumpkin a try. It is a great way to get into the Halloween season without spending a great deal of time or dough!