Spooky Deviled Egg Eyes ~Halloween recipes
If you are going to have a Halloween party then you need to have some FUN yet spooky recipe ideas to give your guest a scare. Our family loves deviled eggs, but this recipe will have you thinking twice before you pop one of these into your mouth. They are easy to make, and budget friendly as well.
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 3 large spoonful’s of mayonnaise
- Red and green food coloring dye
- 1 can black olives
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- Hot sauce (Optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pickle Juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix water, vinegar, and 10-12 drops of red or green food coloring in a small bowl.
- Crack hardboiled eggs by gently rolling them with a little pressure on countertop or a cutting board.
- Place the cracked eggs slowly into the colored water and let sit submerged for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove eggs from colored water and place them back into the egg carton or on a few paper towels to dry.
- Once all the eggs are dry, carefully peel them to remove the shell and cut in half long ways.
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add 3 large spoonful’s of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of mustard, pickle juice a pinch of salt and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Add hot sauce to desired spice level (optional).
- Add 5-10 drops of red food coloring to get desired level of color and mix well.
- Use a toothpick and food coloring to draw squiggly lines on the cut side of the egg halves.
- Fill the eggs with the red yolk filling.
- Cut black olives into thin slices and place on top of filling to create an “eyeball” appearance
- Finish egg by adding a drop of hot sauce or red food coloring to give the eggs an extra bloody looking appearance.